This is one of the rarest and valuable t-shirts for collectors in history.
The t-shirt is in very good condition, no visible holes, no â€œyellowish colour,” stains or spots. The size is Large, “oversize” large (most probably oversize due to the hip-hop style). The logo in front is a little faded due to washing (see image). Background story: The T-shirt story below is taken from Forbes magazine in 2007.
Forbes 2007 “This collaboration between the sportswear company and the hip-hop group produced one of the most sought-after concert T-shirts in the world. It was made for promotional purposes for a show in the early 1980s. The shirt has both the Run-D.M.C. and the Adidas logos placed next to each other in the front, with an original joint logo on the back.”
Information & useful links
Run-DMC is one of the most influential hip-hop groups from the queen, New York, founded in 1981 by Joseph Simmons, Darryl McDaniels, and Jam Master Jay. Not only powerful music-wise, it was also one of the very original groups that realized and developed the business potential of a whole new industry Hip-hop, the first that signed an endorsement contract with a multinational clothing brand Adidas ( million). Furthermore, they pioneered and explored the musical collaboration ship across genre and the importance of MC and DJ relationship. Run-DMC incorporated rock into the hip-hop with songs like â€œRock Box and King of Rock,” and developed a new genre with their musical influence a fusion called â€œrap-rockâ€ that eventually should become a huge market for the music Industry with bands such as KoRn, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Limkin Park. Maybe the most successful crossover song ever to be performed by a hip-hop act was Run-DMC & Aerosmith song rock this way (originally by Aerosmith).
Run-DMC is forever fashion history
Run-DMC code of dressing was way cool, fresh and different, their interpretation created modern hip-hop fashion were the combinations of Adidas sneakers, jeans and black leather was the basics. The raw street style was clean-cut and soon picked up by groups such as LL Cool J and Beastie Boys and therefore, appealed cross-over with core subcultures such as skateboarding.
- 1985, Run-DMC performed as the only hip-hop act at Live Aid
- 2004, Rolling Stone Magazine ranked Run-DMC number 48 in their list of the greatest musical artists of all time
- 2009, Eminem inducted Run-DMC into Rock Hall of Fame, after Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.
Sources, Information and band links
- Run-DMC official web site: http://www.rundmc.com/
- Limp Bizkit official website http://www.limpbizkit.com/
- Linkin Park official website http://www.linkinpark.com/
- Kid Rock official website: http://www.kidrock.com/
- Korn official website: http://www.korn.com/
- Eminem official website: http://www.eminem.com/
- Aerosmith official website: http://www.aerosmith.com/
- Beastie boys official website http://blog.beastieboys.com/
- Rolling stone magazine: http://www.rollingstone.com/